Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Good Weekend...



I had a great weekend!! Finally feeling MUCH better! On Friday, Matt and I took our cousins Chloe and Katelyn to the zoo.. Chloe will be 3 in August and Katelyn just turned 1 this month. All I can say is WOW!! Two kids are alot to handle!! It was a GORGEOUS day.. and they really had a good time.. It was just hard.. We were in for a rude awakening! But here are some pictures of them.. they are too cute!!








On the way home from the Zoo I had to stop at my cousins and take a headshot of her.. she is trying out for RENT.. how cool huh?! Well anyways, she is so cute too, so I took a couple extra pictures.. so this is my favorite picture of her!



Then on Saturday I spent the whole day at my cousins dance recital.. My cousin Jenny has 5 daughters.. Now Jenny is more like an Aunt to me.. so her daughters are technically my 2nd cousins... but they are more like just regular ones :) But they are amazing.. I love them so much! They are like the 1st kids I remember from being babies until now.. I remember growing up how people would say STOP GROWING! YOUR GETTING TOO BIG! and now I catch myself saying that to them.. Rebecca, her oldest, is the first person I ever babysat.. AND NOW SHE IS ON STAGE dancing a SOLO!!! She won a scholarship and was able to do a solo dance.. Only 4 of them danced this year, but Rebecca and Rachel, the two oldest are just awesome!! The others are just still so cute because they are young.. I used to dance where they dance so it makes it that much more special :) They rock.. I don't have any pictures from that though :( They turned out to be too blurry!!



Then on Sunday, we skipped out on church... yikes... and just relaxed since I had to be at work on Monday. So we hung out at home.. Then we went to my cousin Aly's again, and took Katelyn's "1st" Birthday pictures.. they turned out SO cute!! I found a cute tutu and a big pink bow, and that is what we had her wear :) Oh I just LOVED it..She has the prettiest, longest baby eyelashes, with bright blue eyes.. She is just gorgeous.. PLUS I am her Godmother, so I just eat that up! :) Here are a few!






Alright, SO I am going to end with one of my favorite SONGS and a good quote :)


I was walking home from school on a cold winter day
Took a shortcut through the woods, and I lost my way
It was getting late, and I was scared and alone
But then a kind old man took my hand and led me home
Mama couldn't see him, oh but he was standing there
And I knew in my heart, he was the answer to my prayers

Chorus:

Oh I believe there are angels among us
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live, to teach us how to give
To guide us with the light of love


When life held troubled times, and had me down on my knees
There's always been someone to come along and comfort me
A kind word from a stranger, to lend a helping hand
A phone call from a friend, just to say I understand
And ain't it kind of funny at the dark end of the road
That someone lights the way with just a single ray of hope
Chorus

They wear so many faces, show up in the strangest places
To grace us with their mercy, in our time of need

Chorus

To guide us with a light of love



A baby is an angel whose wings decrease as his legs increase. ~Author Unknown

4 comments:

  1. Your cousins are soo adorable! I especially love the pink tutu!!! I'm so glad you had a good weekend and are enjoying life!! :) I too, am very glad we've become "WTE Friends"! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I was on WTE when I saw your post. I decide to look.It is awesom. I love how you ended your post with that song. It is my all time favorite song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, great pictures and really cute kids :)
    I found your blog on WTE and just wanted to say Hi. I love those lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all of you ladies!! I really find it such a great way to write about how I am feeling!!! And I too think that my cousins are SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete